IslandView Resort & Charters ~ Activities in Sitka Alaska
While you’re not out fishing, here are some of the many Sitka excursions that may be of interest:
Sitka Alaska - Outdoor Recreation
- KAYAK SITKA: kayaking is a popular activity and small guided day excursions are offered locally. Contact Sitka Sound Ocean Adventures at www.kayaksitka.com for rentals or guided paddle trips.
- HIKE SITKA: There are a number of maintained trails in the Sitka area, many of which are accessible from Sitka's road system. www.sitkatrailworks for more information and descriptions on local hikes.
- DIVE SITKA: Experience crystal clear diving in Sitka with an abundance of bright colorful sea creatures one would only expect in the tropics. www.islandfeverdiving.com
- BIKE SITKA: Peddle the town and explore independently or on a tour. Bike rentals: Yellow Jersey Cycle Shop www.yellowjerseycycles.com
- GOLF SITKA: Practice your swing at Sitka's driving range, putting green & ocean view nine hole course at Sea Mountain Golf Course www.seamountaingolf.com
- FISH SITKA: Fully guided saltwater fishing for salmon and halibut with locally experienced charter captains. www.islandviewcharters.com
- FLIGHT SEE SITKA: Take in the beauty of Sitka and Baranof Island with a birds eye view. www.harrisaircraft.com
Sitka Alaska Tours
- BUS OR WALKING TOURS: Learn all about Sitka’s colorful history and places to see from narrated walking tours or bus tours. www.sitkatours.com
- WILDLIFE CRUISES IN SITKA: Experience Sitka’s wildlife with a narrated boat cruise www.allenmarinetours.com and see whales, sea otters, puffins, and other marine life.
- GLASS BOTTOM BOAT CRUISE: For a unique experience, check out the glass bottom boat tours that includes a dive show. www.sealifediscoverytours.com
- BIKE TOURS: Sitka Bike & Hike www.islandfeverdiving.com
- ATV TOURS: Ride ATVs along secluded trails and beaches of Sitka Alaska. www.alaskaatvtours.com
Sitka Alaska - Things to do
Sitka's many attractions include: